Scholarship opportunities are available for students. All have an application process and are advertised to students.
Hilton White Estate - Year 7 2017
The Hilton White Estate scholarship is awarded through a written application process. Interested and eligible students are invited to apply once their placement at Ballarat High School for 2017 is confirmed.
Scholarships are to offset educational costs . The value of the scholarship is $1000.
Students at risk of leaving due to financial hardship are particularly encouraged to apply.
Model our school values - Pride, Respect, Responsibility
Have a record of good attendance
Have a positive approach to studies
Be a good community citizen
J McDonald Scholarship Trust
Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
· If they are studying a medical degree at an Australian University.
· Candidates for the scholarship must be 25 years or under on the date of their initial application as of 31st March in that year.
· Completed 6 years of education at BHS. The onus is on the candidate to provide evidence of this enrolment.
· To be eligible for continued receipt of the scholarship the student is required to provide proof of continued enrolment and the satisfactory completion of the previous year.
· The closing date for applications is 31st March.
2015 Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Scholarships
Students in Year 10 are invited to apply for the Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Scholarships. The scholarships recognise the outstanding contribution that Lynne Kosky made to education and training in Victoria.
One of her greatest achievements was the introduction of the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) as an alternative to the Victorian Certificate of Education.
Two scholarships are available for Victorian students in Year 10 who plan to study VCAL in Years 11 and 12 as a pathway to further study, employment or training.
Each VCAL Scholarship will be valued at up to $25,000 in $5,000 grants each year over 5 years of study, training or apprenticeship.
Financial need is one of the eligibility criteria. Students receiving the Youth Allowance or the student's parents/guardians holding a Health Care Card, a Low Income Health Care Card or a Pensioner Concession Card meet this criterion.
- For more information about the scholarships and how to apply, please see: Lynne Kosky Memorial VCAL Scholarships
A number of scholarships are available for university studies and have a nomination process advertised by our Managed Individual Pathways (MIPs) team to students.
· VTAC (Academic, Access & Equity, Merit) – Students can complete these independently or with MIPs as part of their VTAC application.
· University of Melbourne Year 10 Kwong Lee Dow
· University of Ballarat Year 12 $2000 scholarship
· Year 12 Rural Macpherson Smith
· Defence Technical Scholarships Year 10
· Housing/welfare scholarships
We advertise any additional scholarships from universities/TAFE/other organisations through our career newsletter Eg: Puggy Hunter Memorial Scholarship, ACU Law scholarship. There is no school involvement in these scholarships as students complete and submit these applications independently.